1. Slice the lotus roots as thinly as possible.
2. Soak the lotus root slices in a bowl of salted water, drain the lotus root slices and dry them on paper towels.
3. Deep fry the lotus root slices on medium-high heat until golden brown.
4. Drain the fried lotus root slices and place them aside to cool.
5. To prepare the Marmite caramel, place all the ingredients in a pan and cook on medium-high heat until thick and gooey.
6. Test the thickness of the Marmite caramel with a metal spoon. When cooled, the Marmite caramel should be lightly crusted.
7. Mix the lotus root chips with the Marmite caramel. Then, place them on a baking sheet and spread well.
8. Wait for the lotus root chips to cool and store in an airtight container.