- 176G Plain Flour
- 33G White Sugar
- 1 tsp Instant Yeast
- 1 large Egg
- 20ML Full Cream Milk
- 20ML Water
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 50G Softened Unsalted Butter
- 33G Sugar
- 27G Water
- For the Chocolate Filling
- Melt the Unsalted Butter and Dark Chocolate together in a pot.
- Once they are fully melted, whisk in cocoa powder and icing sugar until the mixture becomes smooth.
- For the Sugar Syrup
- Mix Sugar and Water in a pot.
- Heat mixture until dissolved and set aside.
- For the Dough
- Mix yeast, sugar, milk, egg and water with a whisk.
- Add flour and salt into mix.
- Knead the dough to combine.
- Add butter.
- Knead the dough for about 8-10 minutes by hand or until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- Flatten the dough until it becomes a disc-shaped like and cover with cling wrap to refrigerate overnight ( Min: 6 hours)
- Remove cling wrap and roll out to a 1/4 inch thick rectangle.
- Spread chocolate filling and roll up.
- Cut into half lengthwise and place one half of the other ither in a cross shape.
- Braid the dough and place into a prepared loaf pan lined with parchment paper: 8in. (l) x 4 in. (w) x 2 in.(h).
- Let rise until doubled about 1-2 hours.
- Bake at 175°C for 30-35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and brush with sugar syrup.
- Let it cool completely and slice to enjoy.
Recipe by Viviannecafe.