Privacy & Policy
Who we are
We are Essential Ingredients. For privacy queries, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Other contact details are on our website.
What’s the point of this policy?
It tells you what to expect when we collect your personal information via our website or social media.
Generally, the policy covers only the information provided to us. If you give personal information to other people, such as payment providers or other websites, please check their privacy policies.
What’s do we collect?
Information which you upload to our service or otherwise give us such as
- your name and contact details;
- other information provided when you register with us;
- details about your transactions on our service;
- information included in your reviews or which you otherwise provide for display on our service;
- contact or other information which you give or allow us to use for newsletters or other marketing; and
- your communications with us.
Limited billing information sent to us by our payment provider for verification purposes e.g., your name, email address and billing / delivery addresses.
Information collected via our website or social media sites, potentially your name and contact details, order information and automated information such as IP address and geo-location – to enable us to use it for social media and other marketing.
Automated information such as the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your device to the internet, connection information such as browser type and version, information about your device including device-type and device identifier, operating system and platform, mobile network data, a unique reference number linked to the data you enter on our system, login details, the site from which you arrived at our service, details of your activity with date / time stamps including pages you visited and your searches / transactions.
What’s our reason / legal basis for collecting the information?
Because it’s necessary to perform our contract with you and/or to take steps at your request to enter into such a contract, e.g., send service messages, process payments and fulfil orders. This applies typically to initial enquiries, contact and transaction details.
Because it’s in our “legitimate interests”, e.g., to manage and improve our service including tracking usage patterns and preventing or detecting fraud or abuse. This applies typically to automated usage data and may also include reviews and similar information which you provide for public display on our service.
Because you’ve agreed. This applies to contact or other information which you give or allow us to use for newsletters or other marketing. You can withdraw permission at any time as explained on our service or by emailing us at the above email address.
What about site cookies?
Cookies are widely used to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the website owner or others. Session cookies are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser only until your browser is closed. They allow websites to link your actions during a browser session. Persistent cookies stay in the cookie file of your browser for longer (how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie). For further information on cookies, including how to use your browser to block them and how to delete cookies already stored on your device, visit:www.allaboutcookies.org.
The following kinds of cookies may be used on this website:
- a. Session cookie: These are essential for our service and enable us to keep track of your movement from page to page and store your selections so you do not get asked repeatedly for the same information. They allow you to proceed through many pages of the site quickly and easily without having to authenticate or reprocess each new area you visit. For example, a session cookie remembers your shopping cart selection so you will have the items you selected when you are ready to check out.
- b. Affiliate cookies: Persistent cookies (up to 60 days) are placed by affiliate websites or advertising providers such as Google and Bing so that we can track if users have visited us via such affiliates / advertising and assess the effectiveness of these activities.
- c. Cookie-warning cookie: This cookie takes note of whether you are happy to accept cookies on this website based on your response to the message which appeared when you first visited the website. This persistent cookie will remember your preference for up to 365 days.
Other companies which provide us with a service also place cookies. Some of these cookies (e.g. from Google) may involve certain information, such as your IP address and web address of the page you’re visiting, being sent to the company concerned. Below is a summary of the kinds of cookies used together with details about who places them and where you can go to get more information and to opt out (where possible):
- Analytics cookie: These kinds of cookies recognise and count the number of website visitors as well as providing other information about the visit such as duration, route through the website and where the visitor came from. This information helps us to improve the way our website works, for example by making sure users find what they need easily. These cookies are provided by:
- Google Analytics (“GA”). More:
- Advertising cookies: These kinds of cookies are typically used to personalise ads on this or other sites based on your use of our site, to measure ad effectiveness (for example, how often you click on or view ads and whether you go on to buy something from the advertiser) and to stop you being shown the same ad repeatedly. These cookies are provided by:
- Google (including Analytics Ad Features / AdSense / Doubleclick)
- o – general information about the types of cookies placed by Google including advertising
– Google’s use of its partners’ data including how to control information collected by Google
- o – general information about the types of cookies placed by Google including advertising
- Facebook (including “Facebook Pixel”)
- Microsoft’s Bing
- Social Media cookies: These kinds of cookies are placed by social media companies when you use their features on another site, for example if you play embedded audio or video, click a Facebook “like” or sent a tweet. These features may involve the relevant companies using cookies to collect information relating to your visit to our website or your interaction with their services or otherwise. Click the following links for further information including how to opt out where this is possible:Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, Youtube
How long do we keep?
- We will generally keep your information for up to seven (7) years after your order – for tax reasons and/or to help deal with any disputes. If you open an account but do not make an order, we will keep your information for up to two years. These timeframes may vary if we are legally required to keep information for a particular period. If you consent to us using your personal information for marketing, we will keep your contact details which we use for marketing until you tell us to stop sending you marketing messages. Reviews will remain on our site until you ask us to archive or delete them by contacting to our website.
To whom do we send or make available your personal information?
- To other people who supply us with a service, e.g. GDex, PosLaju, SkyNet or any other couriers (to enable delivery of goods), e-commerce platform providers, website hosts, content delivery networks and businesses which help us send communications or monitor our website. To other users of our service, if you include personal information in a review, post, comment or other public action on our service. To credit reference agencies, regulators and the police and other law enforcement authorities to help deal with fraud and abuse and/or comply with legal requirements. To insurers and professional advisers in connection with our insurance coverage to deal with legal claims.
To potential buyers so far as reasonably necessary, in the case of an actual or proposed (including negotiations for a) sale or merger or business combination involving all or the relevant part of our business.
What happen to your payment details?
- These go directly to our payment partners. We do not receive such information except as stated above. To ensure your details are not being used without consent, our payment partners may send your personal information to relevant third parties including credit reference and fraud prevention agencies, who may keep a record of that information.
ESSENTIAL INGREDIENTS(IP0533203-P)(“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates https://www.essentials.my (the “Site”). This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information we receive from users of the Site.
We use your Personal Information only for providing and improving the Site. By using the Site, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
1. While using our Site, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to your name (“Personal Information”).
3. You can use and browse the website without disclosing your personal data. The provision of your personal data is voluntary. But, if you do not provide your personal data to us, we may not be able to provide the products and services that you require of us.
4. We collect personal data through newsletter registration, placement of orders, completion of forms, emails, inquiries, requests, and other situations where you have chosen to provide personal data to us.
5. Other examples of the types of personal data which we may collect about you include:
a. contact information such as names, addresses, telephone numbers, and email addresses;
b. billing information such as billing address, telephone numbers and email addresses;
c. unique information such as photograph, contact preferences, and date of birth;
d. log data such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics. In addition, we may use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyze the interest to better understand the behavior of our customers.
e. Information you submit such as personal information that you send us via the “Contact us” or in a public such as your rating and reviews on our website.
6. You may, in certain circumstances, provide us with personal data relating to third parties (for example, your next-of-kin or any person who may receive delivery of your purchased item on your behalf.)
7. We collect personal data if it is necessary for us to conduct our everyday activities or functions.
8. The personal data which we collect from you may be collected, used, disclosed and/or processed for various purposes, depending on the circumstances for which we may/will need to process your personal data, including:
a. to communicate with you;
b. to maintain and improve customer relationship and our website
c. to assess, process and provide products, services and/or facilities to you;
d. to administer and process any payments (including refunds) related to products, services and facilities requested by you;
e. to establish your identity and background;
f. to respond to your enquiries or complaints and resolve any issues and disputes which may arise in connection with any dealings with us;
g. to provide you with services or assistance that you have requested;
h. to provide you with information and/or updates on our products, services, upcoming promotions offered by us and/or events organised by us and selected third parties which may be of interest to you from time to time;
i. for direct marketing purposes via SMS, phone call, email, fax, mail, social media and/or any other appropriate communication channels in accordance with your consent;
j. to facilitate your participation in, and our administration of, any events including contests, promotions or campaigns;
k. to maintain and update internal record keeping;
l. for internal administrative purposes;
m. to send you seasonal greetings messages from time to time;
n. to send you invitation to join our events and promotions and product launch events;
o. to monitor, review and improve our events and promotions, products and/or services;
p. to administer, process and fulfil your commercial transactions with us (such as a purchase on the Website)
q. to process any payments related to your commercial transactions with us;
r. to process and analyse your personal data either individually or collectively with other individuals;
s. to conduct market research or surveys, internal marketing analysis, customer profiling activities, analysis of customer patterns and choices, planning and statistical and trend analysis in relation to our products and/or services;
t. to share any of your personal data with the auditor for our internal audit and reporting purposes;
u. to share any of your personal data pursuant to any agreement or document which you have duly entered with us for purposes of seeking legal and/or financial advice and/or for purposes of commencing legal action;
v. to share any of your personal data with our business partners to jointly develop products and/or services or launch integrated marketing campaigns;
w. to share any of your personal data with financial institutions necessary for the purpose of applying and obtaining credit facility(ies), if necessary;
x. for audit, risk management and security purposes;
y. for detecting, investigating and preventing fraudulent, prohibited or illegal activities;
(aa) for enabling us to perform our obligations and enforce our rights under any agreements or documents that we are a party to;
(bb) to transfer or assign our rights, interests and obligations under any agreements entered into with us;
(cc) for meeting any applicable legal or regulatory requirements and making disclosure under the requirements of any applicable law, regulation, direction, court order, by-law, guideline, circular or code applicable to us;
(dd) to enforce or defend our rights and your rights under, and to comply with, our obligations under the applicable laws, legislation and regulations;
(ee) for other purposes required to operate, maintain and better manage our business and your relationship with us; which we notify you of at the time of obtaining your consent.
z. to understand your interest
9. As the purposes for which we may/will collect, use, disclose or process your personal data depend on the circumstances at hand, such purpose may not appear above. However, we will notify you of such other purpose(s) at the time of obtaining your consent.
10. In order to smoothly conduct our business operations or to fulfil our obligations to you, we may also disclose the personal data that you have provided to us to our third party service providers, agents, affiliates or related corporations, who may be situated inside or outside of Malaysia, for one or more of the purposes stated in or notified to you under the Purposes for Collection, Use, Disclosure and Processing of Personal Data section. We will also disclose your personal data to government regulators or authorities in order to comply with any laws, rules, guidelines, regulations or schemes that apply to us.
11. Examples of third parties that we disclose your personal data to include:
a. data entry service providers;
b. professional advisors, agencies, consultants and/or external auditors;
c. third party service providers who provide operational services in connection with our business such as telecommunications, payment gateway, information technology, logistics, delivery, printing and postal services or services relating to marketing and promotional activity; and
d. relevant government regulators or authorities.
12. The third parties whom we conduct business are only authorized to use your information to perform the service for which they were hired. As part of our agreement with them, they are required to adhere to the PDPA and any policies that we provide, and to take reasonable measures to ensure your personal data is secure.
13. We respect the confidentiality of the personal data that you provide to us. We do not sell personal data to any third party.
14. Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
15. We use “cookies” to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Site.
16. The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.